Dental Bridges in Nashville, TN
Missing teeth can affect how you eat, talk and smile. While there are several ways of replacing missing, one of the most common and cost-effective ways is a dental bridge. At Swang Dental Care, we pride ourselves on our dedication to providing the best quality dental bridges in Nashville, TN to our patients.
What are Dental Bridges?
A dental bridge is a tooth restoration that bridges the gap created by one or more missing teeth. It's made up of a false tooth held together by the teeth on either side of the gap. Permanent bridges are custom-made for every patient and mimic the look, shape, and function of natural teeth. Most dental bridges are made from porcelain or ceramic.
You may need a dental bridge if:
- You have a severely decayed or infected tooth that other restorations can’t fix
- An accident or injury damages a tooth beyond repair
- You have gum disease
Dental Bridge Benefits
There are several benefits of restoring missing teeth with dental bridges:
- A tooth bridge helps restore your smile
- It restores your ability to chew properly by re-adjusting your bite to distribute the force when you chew
- It helps maintain your face's shape
- Can help restore speech and pronunciation
- Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position
What is the Process for Getting a Dental Bridge?
Getting a dental bridge at Swang dental Care usually involves two appointments over three weeks.
- Exam, diagnosis, and tooth preparation: We will examine your teeth and mouth to determine if you're a good candidate for a dental bridge during your first appointment. If you decide to proceed, we will prepare your teeth on either side of the gap for the bridge by removing any decay and recontouring them to allow room for a crown to be placed. We will then take impressions of your teeth and send them to a dental lab, where your custom dental bridge is created. While the permanent bridge is being made, we will place a temporary bridge over the newly shaped teeth to protect them.
- Appointment for bridge placement: Once your permanent bridge is ready, you'll come to have them placed. We will remove the temporary bridge and place the permanent bridge, checking to ensure the perfect fit and bite; then, the bridge and teeth are bonded together using special dental cement.
How Long Will a Tooth Bridge Last?
Dental bridges can last for 5-15 years, depending on your oral care health. Since the success of the dental bridge relies on the health and strength of the remaining teeth, it's essential to prevent tooth decay and gum disease that can lead to tooth loss.
- Brush at least twice a day with a soft-bristled brush and fluoride toothpaste, and also floss between your teeth at least once a day.
- Maintain regular dental visits for professional cleaning and exams at least every six months.
- Avoid sticky or hard foods like candy and nuts, don't chew on ice cubes, and don't use your teeth to open things like packaging.
Dental Bridge Cost
The cost of a dental bridge varies depending on several factors, like the complexity of the placement, the number of teeth needing replacement, and the materials used. Generally, you can expect to pay around $2,000 – $5,000 for traditional bridges and $5,000 – $15,000 for an implant-supported bridge with two dental implants spanning three or four teeth. Luckily, most dental insurance plans cover bridges and implants, so you don't have to pay anything out of pocket.
Dental Bridges from Swang Dental Care
If you have a missing, severely decayed, or broken tooth, a tooth bridge can help restore the look and function of your smile. Our dentists, Dr. Ron Swang and Dr. Alex Miller have years of experience with permanent bridges. We will examine you and create a custom treatment plan based on your individual needs. Contact us today to schedule your appointment!