Dental Implants in Nashville, TN
Your teeth are among the first thing people notice about you. So, losing them can make you lack self-confidence and take away from your smile. Overall, dental implants are the best way of replacing a missing tooth, but is it the right choice for you? Keep reading to learn about teeth implants.
Overview Of Dental Implants
Before dental implants were made available, the only dental treatment options anyone with missing teeth could choose from were dentures and bridges. Implants are tooth root replacements that offer a sturdy foundation for permanent replacement teeth.
Dental implants are a more effective and long-term solution for individuals with missing teeth. They are a popular tooth replacement option because they function, fit, and feel like natural teeth. You do not need to repair dental implants frequently, you can eat with them, and you can finally get your smile and confidence back.
Who is a good candidate for dental implants?
Your dentist will examine you to determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants. Generally, you are a good candidate if your overall health is good and enough bone is available to place the implant.
How long do dental implants last?
Dental implants can last a lifetime if the procedure is done well and you take proper care of your oral hygiene.
Types Of Dental Implants Offered At Swang Dental Care
- Single-tooth Implants: This procedure involves replacing a single missing tooth.
- Implant-supported dentures: The dentist uses two or more implants to replace three or more missing teeth.
- All-on-Four Implants: Four or more implants will be used to replace all the missing teeth with a removable or fixed denture.
Dental Implant Procedure
- Exam: First, you will need an examination at Swang Dental Care. We will study your dental imaging and assess the quantity and quality of your jawbone to determine if it is suitable for the implant. After the dentist establishes it is safe and possible to place the dental implant, you will schedule the implant placement.
- Placing the implant: The implant surgeon will place the implant screw into your jawbone.
- Healing: It will take about 3-6 months for the implant to heal and fuse to your jawbone fully.
- Placing the crown: Once your implant is healed, you will return to Swang Dental Care to have your permanent crown placed, completing the procedure.
Cost Of Dental Implants
Several factors will influence the cost of a dental implant. Insurance typically covers a portion of the cost of your dental implant procedure. Contact our office for more details on what your dental insurance plan covers.
Teeth Implants in Nashville, TN
Missing teeth not only damage your looks, but they may also make chewing and speaking difficult, as well as having a detrimental influence on your livelihood. Implants are a permanent solution for missing teeth that appear and feel natural.
At Swang Dental Care in Nashville, TN we provide comprehensive dental treatments such as dental examinations, X-rays, cleanings, cavity fillings, tooth whitening, and minor dental procedures, as well as dental implants, crowns, and other treatments. Let us help restore your smile. Request an appointment today!