Restorative Dentistry in Nashville, TN
Having a smile with damaged or missing teeth affects your everyday life. At Swang Dental Care in Nashville, TN, we offer a wide variety of restorative dentistry services to keep your smile in great shape for years to come.
What is restorative dentistry?
Restorative dental services are concerned with fixing or replacing damaged teeth. The primary goals of restorative dentistry are to restore your teeth's health and how they function with the rest of your smile. Restorative dentistry at Swang Dental Care includes crowns, dentures, bridges, and cavity fillings.
What is the difference between restorative and cosmetic dentistry?
Restorative dentistry aims to fix your teeth, whereas cosmetic dentistry seeks to enhance the appearance of your smile. Cosmetic dental procedures are typically elective, while restorative dental procedures are necessary to keep your smile healthy.
What Can Restorative Dentistry Treat?
When it comes to restorative dentistry, Swang Dental Care can provide you with numerous solutions based on your specific situation:
- Filling gaps in your smile keeps your remaining teeth from shifting, which could alter your bite and even your appearance. Restoring missing teeth also helps support your facial muscles, contributing to a more youthful appearance.
- Replacing teeth makes it simpler to maintain excellent oral hygiene habits. Chipped or broken teeth are challenging to keep clean, making it hard to keep plaque at bay.
- Missing teeth can impact your self-esteem. Restorative dental treatments can give you back your confidence and a reason to smile again.
Restorative Dental Treatments at Swang Dental Care
- Fillings: Dental fillings are used to fill the cavity in your tooth caused by decay. After removing the decay, the hole will be filled with composite resin.
- Crowns: Teeth that have become badly decayed, chipped, or broken can be restored using dental crowns. A dental crown is a tooth-colored or shaped cap placed over your natural tooth to protect it from further damage or decay. At Swang Dental Care, we make our dental crowns in-office allowing us to provide them in just one day.
- Dental Bridges: Bridges are full-coverage restorations replacing two or more missing or badly decayed teeth. Dental bridges require two supporting teeth on either side of the gap in your smile.
- Dental Implant Restorations: Dental implants are one of the most reliable and permanent ways to replace teeth. An oral surgeon places the implant in your jaw bone which eventually fuses to your jaw bone, acting as an artificial tooth root. Once the implant is healed, a dental crown is attached, completing the restoration.
Benefits Of Restorative Dental Care
There are several reasons why it’s important to invest in restorative dental care:
- Preserve your jaw bone density
- Restorative dentistry prevents further dental problems. For instance, immediately getting a dental cavity filled will prevent it from leading to a root canal.
- Improves the appearance of your teeth
- Can eliminate your tooth pain
- Restores your teeth function, and you can talk and eat better.
- Not repairing your teeth can make the problem worse and cause you constant tooth pain in the long run, especially when dental decay gets to your nerves.
Caring for Dental Restorations
After a tooth restoration procedure, care for the restoration like your regular teeth. Clean your teeth daily and go to all follow-up cleaning appointments.
Restorative Dentistry Cost
The cost of your restorative dental care will depend on the type of treatment you get and your dental insurance plan. Contact our office for more information on what your insurance plan covers.
Restorative Dental Care in Nashville, TN
Dental issues don’t go away on their own, which is why it’s essential to seek out dental treatment when you need it. Swang Dental Care is proud to provide multiple restorative dental services. Contact us to schedule your appointment at our dental office in Nashville, TN today!