Have you ever wondered why you go to the dentist to get your teeth cleaned? After all, you brush and floss your teeth at home. Why should you get someone else to clean your teeth, too? Professional dental cleanings at Swang Dental Care in Nashville, Tennessee, are essential to your overall oral health. In addition to proper home care, a professional cleaning gets your teeth thoroughly clean and works effectively to prevent cavities and gum disease.
Reasons Why You Should Get Professional Teeth Cleanings
The benefits of getting a professional dental cleaning include:
- Cavity and gum disease prevention: Plaque and tartar can accumulate on your teeth, especially in hard-to-reach areas with your toothbrush and floss. The longer they are allowed to accumulate, the more problems they can create. A professional dental cleaning removes excess plaque and tartar, so your teeth and gums stay healthy.
- Stain removal: At Swang Dental Care, we want you to have a smile you are proud to show off! A professional cleaning brightens your teeth, removing some of the built-up stains that leave your teeth looking dull and discolored.
- Saves money in the long run: Regular teeth cleanings keep your teeth healthier, preventing cavities and gum disease. Preventive dental care is much less expensive than restorative dental care. Stop cavities before they start, so you don't have to make another trip to the dentist for a filling.
How often should you get your teeth professionally cleaned?
We recommend that most people come in for a dental cleaning every six months. If there is disease already present, or if the patient cannot keep food deposits off their teeth, we may ask them to come in more often. We may schedule a dental cleaning once a year instead of twice a year in very few cases. It depends on the patient, how well you can keep your mouth clean, and your metabolism rate.
The Dental Cleaning Process at Swang Dental Care
We understand that not everyone enjoys coming to the dentist. That's why we do everything we can to make the experience comfortable. You can expect the following process at your next professional teeth cleaning:
- The hygienist removes plaque and tartar from your teeth. Our dental hygienists are well-trained and very gentle. They use special scaling tools to remove the built-up plaque and tartar.
- The hygienist polishes your teeth. A polishing tool will buff your teeth with toothpaste, giving your teeth a beautiful shine.
- The hygienist flosses your teeth. This critical step ensures the spaces between your teeth are clean, even in those hard-to-reach places. The hygienist will also rinse your mouth out with water to wash away any particles.
How long does it take?
A professional dental cleaning appointment takes about one hour at our Nashville office. It may take longer if disease is already present or heavy deposits on your teeth.
The Cost of a Professional Dental Cleaning
The cost for the cleaning and exam is $172.00, assuming your mouth is already in a healthy state. Needed x-rays are additional. Your dental insurance plan may cover all or part of your dental cleaning.
It is important to remember that dental cleanings help prevent cavities and gum disease. The treatments for these dental issues cost considerably more than your routine dental cleanings.
Is It Time to Schedule Your Next Dental Cleaning?
Swang Dental Care in Nashville, Tennessee, provides exceptional care to all our patients. We do our utmost to keep your mouth healthy and attractive. Regular dental cleanings are part of our preventive dental services, benefiting everyone. Schedule your next appointment online, or give us a call. We'll be happy to find a time that works for you.