Home Dental Care in Nashville, TN
Swang Dental Care is a great place to go when you need a professional to look at your teeth. Most of the time, though, you take care of your teeth independently. Home dental care is vital to the overall health of your teeth and gums. Our team in Nashville, Tennessee, encourages you to take your home dental care seriously, so your next dental checkup will be easy and positive.
What is Home Dental Care?
Your home dental care routine includes everything you do at home to keep your teeth, gums, and mouth clean and healthy. We're talking about brushing, flossing, mouthwash, and more. Keep reading to see if there is room for improvement in your at-home oral care.
What Does a Good Home Dental Care Routine Include?
Everyone does things a little differently, but here are the basic aspects to include in your dental home care routine:
- Brushing: Pick a good toothpaste with fluoride in it. When you brush, use up and down motions, and choose a toothbrush with soft bristles. Spend about two minutes brushing for the best results. We recommend you brush 2-3 times a day, but especially at night before you go to bed.
- Flossing: Flossing between your teeth removes the food particles and bacteria buildup that gets stuck where your toothbrush can't reach. Ideally, you should floss daily; it also keeps your gum tissues healthy.
- Mouthwash: The use of mouthwash helps fight against dental decay and gingivitis. It is an extra step you can take to keep your whole mouth healthier.
- Eat Healthy Foods: A healthy diet is good for your teeth! Keep eating those fruits and vegetables to get the vitamins and minerals that keep your teeth, gums, and bones healthy and strong.
- Limit Sugar Intake: Sugary foods and drinks damage teeth. When the sugar interacts with the bacteria in your mouth, it forms an acid that breaks down your teeth's enamel and can lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid Tobacco Products: Tobacco is bad for your mouth. It can cause gum disease, which could lead to the loss of your teeth.
What are the Benefits of Good Home Dental Care?
Your oral home care routine can benefit your overall health in several different ways:
- Prevent Cavities: Removing the bacteria and plaque in your mouth and on your teeth helps prevent tooth decay.
- Prevent Gum Disease: Proper brushing and flossing help ensure your gum tissues stay healthy and disease-free.
- Prevent Tooth Loss: Taking care of your teeth at home prevents tooth loss later in life.
- Save Money on Dental Restorations: If your teeth stay healthy and clean, they are less likely to need costly dental restorations.
- Keep Your Breath Fresh: Bacteria cause bad breath, and good home dental care removes those bacteria for a fresher mouth.
- Feel Better About the way Your Smile Looks: You are more likely to smile and feel confident if your teeth are clean and healthy.
- Improve Your Overall Health: Your dental health is linked to your overall health, so keep taking care of your teeth and gums daily!
Let's Discuss Your Dental Health
To get a professional evaluation of your dental health, schedule an appointment at Swang Dental Care in Nashville, Tennessee. We take the time to discuss your dental needs and educate you on proper home dental care.